Brian Winter is editor-in-chief of Americas Quarterly and the vice president for policy at Americas Society/Council of the Americas. A best-selling author, analyst and speaker, Brian has been living and breathing Latin American politics for the past 20 years.
Brian spent a decade living in Latin America as a journalist for Reuters, based in São Paulo, Buenos Aires and Mexico City. Since 2015 he has been based in New York City, overseeing Americas Quarterly’s growth into a must-read for Latin America’s most influential investors and opinion leaders, while more than tripling its readership online. Brian is also the author or co-author of four books including Why Soccer Matters, a New York Times bestseller he wrote with Brazilian soccer legend Pelé; The Accidental President of Brazil, co-authored with President Fernando Henrique Cardoso; No Lost Causes, with President Álvaro Uribe; and Long After Midnight, a memoir about his time in Argentina.
Brian is a regular presence in TV, radio and print media, from NPR and CNN en Español to Folha de S.Paulo and The Wall Street Journal. Proficient in Spanish and Portuguese, he speaks frequently about Latin America’s past, present and future to investors and general-interest audiences. Follow him on Twitter @BrazilBrian.
- Impeachment and Brazil’s ‘Que Se Vayan Todos’ Moment
- The Endgame of Brazil’s Crisis: Four Things to Watch
- Moody’s: Lula Appointment Could Spell End of Fiscal Adjustment in Brazil
- The Key to Rousseff’s Future – And Maybe Brazil’s, Too
- Don’t Let Brazil Become Venezuela
- Brazil’s Historic Corruption Probe May Be at Risk
- Uribe: Colombia Peace Deal Is “a Capitulation” to FARC
- A Scenario Under Which Rousseff Gets Impeached in Brazil
- Brazil, Heaven and Hell in the Same Day
- Janio Is Coming: The Return of the Old, Unstable Brazil
- The Incredible Unknown Bond between Joe Biden and Brazil’s Dilma Rousseff
- China and Latin America 2.0: What the Next Phase Will Look Like
- China e América Latina 2.0: A próxima fase na relação com Pequim
- China y América Latina 2.0: La siguiente fase con Pekín
- NEW AQ: How to Stop Piracy – and Protect Latin America’s Geniuses
- Novo AQ: Como colocar um freio na pirataria – e proteger os gênios latino americanos
- NUEVA AQ: Cómo frenar la piratería – y proteger a los genios de América Latina
- Introducing Latin America’s Top 5 “Urban Visionaries”
- Behind Horacio Larreta’s Campaign to Revitalize Buenos Aires
- Apresentando os Top 5 visionários urbanos de AQ