The Fall Internship Program is Currently Under Way.
Please check back later for the next openings.
Americas Quarterly Intern
Americas Quarterly (AQ) is the premier publication on politics, business, and culture in Latin America. AQ is an independent publication of Americas Society/Council of the Americas, based in New York City. The paid internship at Americas Quarterly is an opportunity to cover politics, economics, and culture in Latin America while engaging in all aspects of producing a modern-day news outlet. We are looking for a journalist who is a quick learner with a deep knowledge of Latin America.
- Help produce and edit AQ’s podcast.
- Research, write, and edit for the print magazine and AQ’s website.
- Develop social media and multimedia content.
- Work with AS/COA’s policy research.
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed.
- Graduate students or recent graduates in journalism, economics, international studies, or related fields; or bachelor’s in the same with one to three years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of audio recording and editing for podcast.
- Proficient in English and Spanish.
- Knowledgeable and interested in Latin American history, politics, culture, and economics.
- Excellent writing, editing, and research skills.
- Professional familiarity with social media tools (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
The internship will be up to 28 hours a week, from July 15 to October 15, 2021. This may be extended on a case-by-case basis. Our employees are currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We expect the intern to come to the office starting in September. All staff at Americas Society will be required to be vaccinated upon returning to the office.
The Americas Society/Council of the Americas is an equal opportunity employer.
Americas Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or citizenship status. Please email cover letter, resume, and a one-page writing sample on a recent event in Latin America to Cecilia Tornaghi at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Please note availability in your cover letter and include “Americas Quarterly Editorial Internship” in the subject line of your email.