Otaviano Canuto is a senior fellow at the Policy Center for the New South, a nonresident senior fellow at the Brookings Institution, and principal of the Center for Macroeconomics and Development. He is a former vice-president and a former executive director at the World Bank, a former executive director at the International Monetary Fund and a former vice-president at the Inter-American Development Bank.
- Don’t Expect Miracles From the Multilaterals
- Brazil’s Economic Crossroads: Which Path Will It Choose?
- How Coronavirus Poses New Risks to Latin America’s Sputtering Economies
- How Latin America Can Make Fintech a Priority
- The IMF, Argentina and Ecuador: Have Lessons Been Learned?
- Latin America Is Not Benefiting from the U.S.-China Trade War
- How Chinese Investment in Latin America Is Changing
- Why Brazil Must Build a (Fiscal) Wall
- Is It Finally Getting Easier to Do Business in Brazil?