Below are the endnotes from The Case Against “Vulture Funds” by Cecilia Nahón (Summer 2015 AQ).
- N.Y. Judiciary Law §489(1): Purchase of claims by corporations or collection agencies. In 2004 (by Bill 7244C of N.Y. Legislature) the prohibition of the purchase of debt with the intent of bringing a lawsuit was eliminated only for debt purchases above $500,000.
- “Defend Argentina from the vultures”, Martin Wolf, Financial Times, June 24, 2014.
- Brief for the United States of America as amicus curiae in support of reversal (April 4, 2012). Filed before the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (New York) in the case NML vs. Republic of Argentina, case: 12-105.
- “Revisiting Sovereign Bankruptcy”, Committee on International Economic Policy and Reform, Brookings Institution, Chapter 3: Argentina and the Rebirth of the Holdout Problem, October 2013.
- “Debt and (not much) deleveraging”, Report McKinsey Global Institute, by Richard Dobbs, Susan Lund, Jonathan Woetzel, and Mina Mutafchieva, February 2015.