Americas Quarterly convened a special virtual event examining how to prevent misinformation and fake news from damaging the electoral process in Brazil and across the Americas.
This event was hosted by:
- Minister Luís Roberto Barroso, Justice of the Brazilian Supreme Court and President of the Superior Electoral Court @LRobertoBarroso
- Cristina Tardáguila, Senior Program Director, International Center for Journalists @ctardaguila
- Carlos Affonso Souza, Director, Institute of Technology and Society of Rio de Janeiro (ITS Rio) @caffsouza
- Marcelo Lacerda, Director of Government Affairs & Public Policy, Google Brasil
- Brian Winter, Editor-in-Chief, Americas Quarterly @brazilbrian (moderator)
Tags: Events, The Battle Over Fake News
Like what you've read? Subscribe to AQ for more.
Any opinions expressed in this piece do not necessarily reflect those of Americas Quarterly or its publishers.